SERVICE POLICY REGARDING THE COOKIE FILES
- 1 Basic information
- The Service [http://akademia.unimerchants.com/] is operated by UniMerchants ApS, Lunavej 1, 8722 Hedensted, Denmark, VAT no. DK 32675093.
- The Service collects information about the users and their behaviour in the following way:
- Through information entered voluntarily into forms.
- Through cookie files saved on end devices ( the so called “cookies”).
- Through collecting web server logs by UniMerchants Polska Sp. z o.o.
- 2 Information contained in the forms
- The Service collects information provided by the users voluntarily.
- The Service is entitled to save information concerning the connection parameters (time, IP address)
- The data contained in the forms shall not be disclosed to any third parties unless agreed otherwise by the users.
- The data provided in the forms may constitute a set of potential customers, registered by the Service Operator in the register maintained by the General Inspector for Persona Data Protection.
- The data provided in the form are to be processed for the purposes stemming from the form’s function, in order to activate a user’s account.
- 3 Information regarding the Cookie files
- The Service uses the Cookie files.
- The Cookie files (the so-called “cookies”) are computer data, mainly text files, that are stored in end-devices of the Service User and are intended for use with the websites of the Service. Typically, cookies contain the name of a website from which they come, their storage time on end-devices and a unique number.
- The Service Operator places cookies on the Users’ end-devices and has direct access to them.
- Cookies are used for the following purposes:
- to create statistics that help to understand how the Service Users use websites, which may lead to improvement of their structure and their contents;
- to maintain the Service Users’ sessions (after logging in) owing to which each user does not have to retype the name and password while browsing the pages;
- to determine the User’s profile in order to display advertising materials that are matched to this profile, in particular Google Network.
- The Service uses predominantly two basic types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files that are stored on the end-device of the User until logging-out, leaving the website or turning off the software (web browser). Persistent cookies are stored on the end-device of the User for a specified time that is determined in cookie parameters or until the User has deleted them.
Software for browsing websites (a browser) usually allows to store the cookies on Users’ end-devices by default. Service Users can change these settings. The web browser allows for cooking deleting. It is also possible to block cookies automatically. Details of how to do so can be found in the help section or the browser documentation.
Advertisers and partners cooperating with the Website Operator can also make use of the cookies placed on the Service Users’ end-devices.
Ad networks may use the cookies, especially Google, to display ads that are matched to the specific use of the Service by its users. For this reason, they may keep the information regarding the user’s navigation paths and time spent on a given page.
In terms of information on user preferences collected by the Google ad network, each user can view and edit the information in the cookies by means of the following tool: https://www.google.com/ads/preferences/
- 4 Data disclosure.
- The data can be made available to third parties solely within legally allowed limits
- The data that enables to identify a given user are made available only upon the user’s consent.
- The Operator may be required to provide the information collected by the service to authorised bodies based on legitimate demands and within the scope arising from the demand.